If there is a dispute you should first contact your provider of financial services to seek explanations and ways of solving the problem. The nature of the problem and possible solutions to it can be discussed over the telephone, but there will probably be greater clarity if you contact the financial institution in writing. If a problem arises you should contact your financial institution as soon as possible.
If the service provider is unable to help you resolve the problem or you do not get sufficient explanation from them, you can get independent advice and explanations by contacting Finantsinspektsioon.
How do I make a complaint?
To make a complaint, please write to Finantsinspektsioon with the following information:
- The name and surname and contact details of the person making the complaint.
- If the complaint is being made through a representative, the name and contact details of the representative and a document of authorisation.
- Contact details of the service provider.
- The date you submitted the complaint.
- A description of the shortcoming or error and the time the problem occurred.
- A clear statement of what you are demanding from to the service provider.
- If applicable, a reference to documentation confirming the transaction, with a copy attached to the complaint.
- A copy of any exchange of correspondence with the service provider.
If you attach all of these details, it will help us to understand the issue better, and so to resolve it faster.